Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Alexa Cherie 25 months

This little girl has her Mummy and Daddy wrapped around her little finger. She has brought so much joy to our home and I honestly feel like she has been the best gift to Miranda.

Polar opposites would be the best way to describe her personality versus her big sister's. Such a strong little human, always knowing how to exact her thoughts and manipulate us even though she's not the most fluent speaker. Yet.

Alexa was a sweet and placid as a baby. She was so easy to look after and we always thought it was because we were now parents second time around and were just a lot more easy-going so the baby was following our lead. Turns out she was just biding her time!

Ever since she turned 1 and found her little legs, she has become the cheekiest little girl. She is a prankster through and through. I always thought Miranda was a cheeky baby, what with her severely infectious giggles, which she still has till this day. Obviously, either I didn't know what cheeky meant or I hadn't met this child to define the word properly. 

I think we created both babies in equal proportion to ourselves sometimes - Miranda is 80% me and 20% Dwayne while Alexa is 80% Dwayne and 20% me. 

Because we had it so super easy with Miranda, Dwayne once asked if I would prefer if Alexa was more like Miranda. I said, no, because that would mean Miranda is my favourite child. And I honestly don't. She can be challenging but I love it. She is also not so much naughty as she is cheeky so it's hard to get mad at her. 

She loves to bully her big sister with all the hair pulling, the hitting and pinching but as much as she does that, she also regularly goes to cuddle and kiss Miranda, asking her to play together. She runs as soon as she hears the doorknob turn when Miranda gets home. She will run to hug her and then take her hands to ask if they can play.

Alexa doesn't enjoy puzzles, she doesn't know the alphabet, she could not name all the colours if you asked her or all the animals even. But I have learned that it's because she chooses not to.

Unlike Miranda, she has quick reflexes, can kick and throw a ball and is basically a daredevil who loves baby dolls.  - All things Miranda did not care for.

She wants in on anything the family is doing - dancing, singing, playing a game, watching a movie etc. She makes a big effort with these activities and wants you to know she's present.

Lexie is really affectionate and often tells us, "Mummy/ Daddy, aahn youuu (I want you)". She always tries things until she gets it and never looks sheepish when she does something wrongly. At most, she will just dismiss it and say, "Ohhh. Ya ya ya."

She loves books and especially favours Little Pookie. I think it's just because Sandra Boynton is a fantastic children's writer. 

She loves dress-up, her baby dolls, Frozen and The Good Dinosaur. 

It's bittersweet watching her grow because I know she will be our last one. All these experiences will never come again and while it doesn't make me want to have another kid, it does make me want to be able to freeze time sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment